Scanning a community is as simple as coming into “nmap 192.168.1.0/24” into the command line. Anybody can do it actually; the actual query turns into why does it work and what’s taking place once you hit enter?
After I first began studying Linux, I might discover instructions on-line and enter them with AMAZING outcomes…however I by no means actually understood why or how these instructions labored. I felt that I didn’t personal my information or abilities.
If you wish to acquire a greater understanding of how gadgets be part of, work and talk throughout a community then this course is for you!
- We’ll get arrange with our personal digital community of Kali Linux machines utilizing Digital Field. These machines can run immediately inside your home windows/mac, so there isn’t any want to put in Linux immediately! We’ll have a look at completely different networking choices in Digital Field and see learn how to run these computer systems remoted, on an actual community, or on a digital community.
- We’ll study numerous networking ideas resembling an IP addresses, netmasks, MAC deal with, deal with decision protocol, arp tables, routing tables, port addresses, firewalls, companies resembling FTP, SSH, and HTTP, and communication protocols resembling TCP and UDP.
- We’ll then have a look at numerous Linux instructions that make the most of the information we gained resembling ip, arp, ping, macchanger, systemctl, tcpdump, ss, and iptables.
- We’ll write our personal Bash scripts to make use of our information of ideas and instructions.
- Our personal community scanner which is able to discover all IP/MAC deal with associations on our community and replace our arp desk.
- A script to cover our identification on our community by altering our IP and MAC deal with whereas nonetheless giving us a community connection.
- Our personal port monitoring script that can alert us to any modifications in port standing by making a pop up window and exhibiting us the change.
- A script to shortly arrange a firewall as a protection to nefarious computer systems attempting to assault us.
After all in doing all of this, we’re going to acquire an understanding of how and why highly effective instruments like netcat and nmap work!
By the top of this course you received’t simply be mindlessly typing in instructions into nmap with out understanding what is going on. As a substitute you’ll have mastered networks and community scanning! With these concepts and abilities mastered you might be properly in your approach to studying extra about superior subjects like cyber safety and moral hacking!
- Newbie college students who need to perceive how computer systems talk on a community.
- Newbie college students who need to be taught extra about moral hacking and cyber safety.
- Anybody studying Linux who’s bored with coming into in instructions with out understanding why.