- File Measurement: 2 MB
- Format: pdf
- Print Size: 242 pages
- Simultaneous Machine Utilization: As much as 5 simultaneous units, per writer limits
- Writer: Addison-Wesley Skilled; 2 version (July 26, 2016)
- Publication Date: July 26, 2016
- Bought by: Amazon Digital Companies LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01JJ61TCI
The Language of SQL, Second Version
Many SQL texts try and function an encyclopedic reference on SQL syntax — an strategy that’s typically counter productive as a result of that info is available in on-line references printed by the main database distributors.
For SQL newcomers, it’s extra vital for a e-book to give attention to common ideas and to supply clear explanations and examples of what varied SQL statements can accomplish. That is that e-book.
Various options make The Language of SQL distinctive amongst introductory SQL books.
First, you’ll not be required to obtain software program or sit with a pc as you learn the textual content. The intent of this e-book is to offer examples of SQL utilization that may be understood just by studying.
Second, subjects are organized in an intuitive and logical sequence. SQL key phrases are launched one after the other, permitting you to develop your understanding as you encounter new phrases and ideas.
Lastly, this e-book covers the syntax of three broadly used databases: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle. Particular “Database Variations” sidebars clearly present you any variations in syntax amongst these three databases, and directions are included on find out how to get hold of and set up free variations of the databases.
That is the one e-book you must gaina quickworking information of SQL and relational databases.
Study How To…
- Use SQL to retrieve information from relational databases
- Apply capabilities and calculations to information
- Group and summarize information in quite a lot of helpful methods
- Use complicated logic to retrieve solely the info you want
- Replace information and create new tables
- Design relational databases in order that information retrieval is straightforward and intuitive
- Use spreadsheets to rework your information into significant shows
- Retrieve information from a number of tables through joins, subqueries, views, and set logic
- Create, modify, and execute saved procedures
- Set up Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, or Oracle
Contents at a Look
1 Relational Databases and SQL
2 Primary Information Retrieval
three Calculated Fields and Aliases
four Utilizing Capabilities
5 Sorting Information
6 Choice Standards
7 Boolean Logic
eight Conditional Logic
9 Summarizing Information
10 Subtotals and Crosstabs
11 Internal Joins
12 Outer Joins
13 Self Joins and Views
15 Set Logic
16 Saved Procedures and Parameters
17 Modifying Information
18 Sustaining Tables
19 Ideas of Database Design
20 Methods for Displaying Information
A Getting Began with Microsoft SQL Server
B Getting Began with MySQL
C Getting Began with Oracle