- File Size: 1.14 MB
- Format: epub
- Print Length: 320 pages
- Publisher: Portfolio (February 11, 2020)
- Publication Date: February 11, 2020
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07S2N5YP4
Fresh, funny, and fearless, The Middle Finger Project is a point-by-point primer on how to get unstuck, slay imposter syndrome, trust in your own worth and ability, and become a strong, capable, wonderful, weird, brilliant, ballsy, unfuckwithable YOU.
“Don’t worry, this isn’t a book about God, nor is it a book about Ryan Gosling (second in command). But it is a book about authority and becoming your own.” –Ash Ambirge
After a string of dead-end jobs and a death in the family, Ash Ambirge was down to her last $26 and sleeping in a Kmart parking lot when she faced the truth: No one was coming to her rescue. It was up to her to appoint herself. That night led to what eventually became a six-figure freelance career as a sought-after marketing and copywriting consultant, all while sipping coffee from her front porch in Costa Rica.
She then launched The Middle Finger Project, a blog and online course hub, which has provided tens of thousands of young “women who disobey” with the tools and mindset to give everyone else’s expectations the finger and get on your own path to happiness, wealth, independence, and adventure.
In her first book, Ash draws on her unconventional personal story to offer a fun, bracing, and occasionally potty-mouthed manifesto for the transformative power of radical self-reliance. Employing the signature wit and wordsmithing she’s used to build an avid following, she offers paradigm-shifting advice along the lines of:
- The best feeling in the world is knowing who you are and what you’re capable of doing.
- Life circumstances are not life sentences. If a Scranton girl who grew up in a trailer park can make it, so can you.
- What you believe about yourself will either murder your chances or save your life. So why not believe something good?
- You don’t need a high-ranking job title to be authorized to contribute. You just need to contribute.
- Be your own authority. Authority only works as long as you trust that someone smarter than you is making the rules.
- The way you become a force is by being the most radically real version of yourself that you can be.
- You only have 12 fucks a day to give, so use them wisely.
“I f*cking love a woman who knows what she wants and how to get it—and even better, is willing to share her secrets so we can all get ours too. Ash Ambirge is a whole mood, and trust me: you want to be in it.” – Sarah Knight, New York Times bestselling author of The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck
“If you don’t believe in yourself, who will? Ash is here to help you see that you have more chances to make a ruckus than you ever thought possible.” – Seth Godin, author of This Is Marketing
“Every woman who has felt even an iota of dissatisfaction in her life needs to read this book. Ash’s insight and wisdom is a gift to us all.” – Laura Jane Williams, author of Our Stop
“A voice we must pay attention to, and a must-read for anyone who has never felt good enough (ahem: that’s everyone).” – Susie Moore, life coach and advice columnist, author of What If It Does Work Out?
“Ash Ambirge is Ryan Gosling-sent proof that you can live life on your own terms, burn up the rule book, and do what lights you up. The Middle Finger Project is the instruction manual for people who don’t read the manual.” – Matthew Kimberley, author of Get A F*cking Grip